Eight Gustavus Adolphus football players have been named to the 2011 National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame Hampshire Honor Society. The Hampshire Honor Society is comprised of college football players from all divisions of play who have maintained a 3.2 GPA or better. Lucas Armstrong, Brandon Jonker, John Juran, Jade Kotila, Zach Lundquist, Chris Martinez, Mike Mohs, and Paul Stommes represent Gustavus on the this year’s list.
To qualify for the distinction, the student-athlete must be either a starter or a significant substitute in his last year eligibility, maintain a 3.2 cumulative grade-point average throughout his college career, and meet all the NCAA graduation progress requirements. A total of 671 players from 241 schools qualified for membership this season.
– Senior running back Lucas Armstrong (Wheaton, Minn.) – Management major
– Senior defensive end Brandon Jonker (Inver Grove Heights, Minn.) – Health Fitness major
– Senior fullback John Juran (Lino Lakes, Minn.) – Health Fitness major
– Senior linebacker Jade Kotila (Maple Lake, Minn.) – Management major
– Senior linebacker Zach Lundquist (Pelican Rapids, Minn.) – Health Fitness major
– Senior offensive lineman Chris Martinez (Champlin, Minn.) – Biology major
– Senior safety Mike Mohs (Andover, Minn.) – Accounting major
– Senior linebacker Paul Stommes (Eden Valley, Minn.) – Financial Economics major