Gustavus Adolphus Junior Jens Brabbit (Winona, Minn./Cotter) is set to compete at the 2010 NCAA Skiing Championships held March 10-13 at the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club and Howelsen Hill Ski Area in Steamboat Springs, Colo. Brabbit will race in the 10km classic on Thursday, March 11, at 11:30 a.m., and the 20km freestyle on Saturday, March 13, at 9:00 a.m. Both races will take place at the Howelsen Hill Ski Area.
Fans can follow the live results of both races through the link below.
NCAA Championship Notes
• Jens Brabbit is one of only seven male nordic skiers from Division III schools to qualify for the NCAA Skiing Championships.
• Brabbit is only the fifth athlete from Gustavus to qualify for the NCAA Championships.
• Brabbit enters the event the fourth ranked skier in the Central Region. He scored an average of 137.03 in the classic, 124.57 in the freestyle, and an overall average of 130.80 in both freestyle and classic races.
• Jens has been bestowed All-Central Collegiate Ski Association (CCSA) First Team honors in both the Classic and Freestyle.
• Brabbit made the All-Region team for both the classic and freestyle races this season. Brabbit was the only skier from a Division III school to be named first or second team All-CCSA.
• Jens was the first Gustavus skier in the school’s history to make the podium at the region meet.
• Brabbit is the first Gustavus skier to ever be bestowed All-CCSA First team honors, as ranked in the top five over the course of the first four qualifying weekends.