St. Peter, Minn. - The Gustavus Adolphus men’s tennis team defeated Carleton College 9-0 on Saturday afternoon at the Brown Outdoor Courts. The Gusties extend their winning-streak to four matches and will now head into Sunday’s regular season finale with an overall record of 25-5 and an MIAC mark of 8-0. Carleton drops to 15-8 overall and 7-1 in the MIAC with the loss.
Gustavus swept doubles before winning all six singles matches in straight sets. Head Coach Tommy Valentini’s squad will cap the weekend with a 10:00 a.m. match against the University of St. Thomas on Sunday at the Swanson Tennis Center.
1. Juan Luis Chu (GAC) def. Erik Johnson (CAR) 6-2, 7-5
2. Joe MacGibbon (GAC) def. Christian Nagy (CAR) 6-1, 6-0
3. Grant Leisner (GAC) def. Mauricio Gonzalez (CAR) 6-2, 6-4
4. Motasem Al-Houni (GAC) def. McCoy Becker (CAR) 6-1, 6-2
5. Brad Entwistle (GAC) def. Patton McClelland (CAR) 6-2, 6-1
6. Andres Saenz Hoyo (GAC) def. Ezra Frankel (CAR) 6-1, 6-1
1. Juan Luis Chu/Joe MacGibbon (GAC) def. Erik Johnson/McCoy Becker (CAR) 8-3
2. Marcel Gyswyt/Andres Saenz Hoyo (GAC) def. Christian Nagy/Ezra Frankel (CAR) 8-2
3. Motasem Al-Houni/Brad Entwistle (GAC) def. Mauricio Gonzalez/Ben Huang (CAR) 8-4