Claremont, Calif. - The Gustavus men’s tennis team concluded its training trip to California with an 8-1 loss to No. 8 Claremont-Mudd-Scripps on Friday afternoon at the Biszantz Family Tennis Center. CMS improves to 12-6 overall with the win, while Gustavus returns to Minnesota at 15-5 overall.
Gustavus’ lone win of the match came at No.1 doubles where Amrik Donkena and Mya Smith-Dennis edged Warren Wood and Nik Marino 9-7 in a tightly contested match.
The Gusties will hit the road next weekend for a pair of matches in Jackson, Wis. They will take on UW-Whitewater at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 14, and Kalamazoo College at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, April 15.
1. Warren Wood (CMS) def. Amrik Donkena (GACM) 6-3, 6-0
2. Robbie Erani (CMS) def. Mya Smith-Dennis (GACM) 7-6 (7-3), 7-5
3. Nik Marino (CMS) def. Juan Luis Chu (GACM) 7-5, 6-1
4. Neel Kotrappa (CMS) def. Tyler Johnson (GACM) 6-2, 6-4
5. Alex Johnson (CMS) def. Joey MacGibbon (GACM) 6-3, 6-3
6. Cameron Bernhardt (CMS) def. Bradley Entwistle (GACM) 7-5, 6-0
1. Amrik Donkena/Mya Smith-Dennis (GACM) def. Warren Wood/Nik Marino (CMS) 9-7
2. Neel Kotrappa/Brandon Wei (CMS) def. Daniel Pomeranc/Juan Luis Chu (GACM) 8-3
3. Robbie Erani/Victor Chien (CMS) def. Joey MacGibbon/Bradley Entwistle (GACM) 8-5