The Gustavus women’s tennis team closed out its spring break trip with a 7-2 win over #19 Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas. The Gusties completed their trip to Texas with a 3-1 mark and will now return home and start preparing for the Madison Midwest Invite which will take place in Madison, Wisconsin this Friday and Saturday.
Gustavus opened the Trinity match by winning two of the three doubles matches. Lauren Hom and Sierra Krebsbach defeated Hayley Dittus and Alicia Hunt 8-4 at #1 and Jenni White and Darcy Haubrick defeated Krista Melish and Heather Naeher 8-1 at #3. Jaime Gaard and Hannah Frericks lost to Renae Wright and Cayleigh Simpson 6-8 at the #2 position.
In singles play, Lauren Hom won at #1, Jenni White at #3, Sierra Krebsbach at #4, Hannah Frericks at #5, and Darcy Haubrick at #6. The Gusties did not drop a set in any of the five singles victories.
The Gusties are now 13-4 overall and 3-0 in the MIAC.
1. Lauren Hom (GA) defeated Hayley Dittus (TU) 6-4, 6-4
2. Jaime Gaard (GA) lost to Alicia Hunt (TU) 0-6, 7-5, 2-6
3. Jenni White (GA) defeated Krista Melish (TU) 6-1, 6-4
4. Sierra Krebsbach (GA) defeated Melissa Weinnig (TU) 7-6 (2), 6-3
5. Hannah Frericks (GA) defeated Lauren Trapan (TU) 6-1, 6-4
6. Darcy Haubrick (GA) defeated Ranae Wright (TU) 7-6 (5), 6-3
1. Hom/Krebsbach (GA) defeated Dittus/Hunt (TU) 8-4
2. Gaard/Frericks (GA) lost to Wright/Simpson (TU) 6-8
3. White/Haubrick (GA) defeated Melish/Naeher (TU) 8-1