St. Peter, Minn. - Following a 3-2 come-from-behind victory over Bethel on Thursday in the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC) Playoffs semifinal, the Gustavus women’s hockey team is set for a showdown with Concordia on Saturday afternoon in the MIAC Championship at Don Roberts Ice Rink. The Gusties will aim for a 10th consecutive Playoff title while Concordia searches for its first.
- Gustavus swept the regular season series with a 5-1 win on Friday, Jan. 25th and a 4-1 win the next afternoon.
- The Gusties are 4-0-0 against the Cobbers in the MIAC Playoffs and 29-1-2 all-time.
- Saturday marks the second straight year the two squads are meeting for the MIAC Playoff Championship. Last season’s championship meeting ended in a 4-2 win for Gustavus at St. Peter on March 3rd.
A Look Back
- Thursday night’s come back victory marked the first one of its kind this season for the Gusties. Gustavus had never trailed by more than a goal all season until Thursday. The Gusties came back from behind two goals in the third period to score three unanswered goals to push on to the 3-2 win and advance to Saturday’s championship game.
- With the win on Thursday, the Gusties extended their winning streak to 25 games on their home ice. They also pushed their unbeaten streak to 26 games, the longest in school history.