The Gustavus men’s tennis team built on its Saturday morning shutout over Elmhurst with another blanking over Grinnell 9-0 in the afternoon in St. Peter, Minn. The Gusties move to 8-4 on the season, while the Pioneers fall to 5-3.
The Gustie men cruised the straight-set victories in all six singles matches and didn’t drop more than two games in doubles play. Juan Luis Chu posted one of the best performances for the victors by winning each game at No. 2 singles, while giving up just one game at No. 3 doubles with Daniel Pomeranc.
1. Amrik Donkena (GAC) def. Elliott Czarnecki (Grinnell) 6-0, 6-2
2. Juan Luis Chu (GAC) def. Dan Nellis (Grinnell) 6-0, 6-0
3. Tyler Johnson (GAC) def. Ben Charney (Grinnell) 6-0, 6-2
4. Joey MacGibbon (GAC) def. Charlie Wilhelm (Grinnell) 6-1, 6-2
5. Bradley Entwistle (GAC) def. Aaron Lapkin (Grinnell) 6-3, 6-1
6. Grant Leisner (GAC) def. Conor Cunningham (Grinnell) 6-1, 6-2
1. Amrik Donkena/Mya Smith-Dennis (GAC) def. Elliott Czarnecki/Mike Cole (Grinnell) 8-1
2. Patrick Clark/Tyler Johnson (GAC) def. Ben Charney/Ishan Bhadkamkar (Grinnell) 8-2
3. Daniel Pomeranc/Juan Luis Chu (GAC) def. Conor Cunningham/Rob Storrick (Grinnell) 8-1