Juan Luis Chu was the lone victory in singles play for Gustavus as he defeated Ian Wagner 6-4, 1-6, 6-4. Amrik Donkena and Mya Smith-Dennis teamed up at the No. 1 doubles spot and came out victorious 8-3 against Chris Goodwin and Dillon Pottish. Luis Chu and Daniel Pomeranc claimed the third victory for the Gusties at the No. 3 doubles spot with a 9-8 (7-2) win over Brian Kowalski and Will Humphreys.
Emory, who is the tournament’s No. 1 seed, advances to the semifinal round, while the Gusties (No. 8 ) fall into the consolation bracket. The semifinal matches begin Saturday at 2:00 p.m. and the consolation round starts at 8:30 a.m.
1. Dillon Pottish (EU) def. Amrik Donkena (GAC) 6-1, 4-6, 6-1
2. Brian Kowalski (EU) def. Mya Smith-Dennis (GAC) 6-4, 6-4
3. Juan Luis Chu (GAC) def. Ian Wagner (EU) 6-4, 1-6, 6-4
4. Eric Halpern (EU) def. Patrick Clark (GAC) 6-4, 6-1
5. Simon Lavoie-Perusse (EU) def. Tyler Johnson (GAC) 7-6 (7-2), 4-6, 6-4
6. Alex Ruderman (EU) def. Joey MacGibbon (GAC) 5-7, 6-1, 6-4
1. Amrik Donkena/Mya Smith-Dennis (GAC) def. Chris Goodwin/Dillon Pottish (EU) 8-3
2. Ian Wagner/Elliot Kahler (EU) def. Tyler Johnson/Patrick Clark (GAC) 8-3
3. Juan Luis Chu/Daniel Pomeranc (GAC) def. Brian Kowalski/Will Humphreys (EU) 9-8 (7-2)