The Gustavus Adolphus College men’s tennis team defeated Division I opponent Duquesne University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 9-0 on Friday night at the Swanson Tennis Center in St. Peter, Minn. Duquesne is coached by former Gustavus tennis player Rob Castille. The Gusties won the doubles point in convincing fashion and then won all six singles matches without dropping a set. Gustavus improves to 4-2 overall, while Duquesne falls to 5-2 overall.
The Gusties will face two more Division I opponents on Saturday including South Dakota State at 2:00 pm and UW-Green Bay at 6:30 pm. Duquesne will play UW-Green Bay at 9:00 am and South Dakota State at 6:30 pm. All matches will be played in the Swanson Tennis Center on the Gustavus campus.
1. Loren Collins (GA) defeated Devon Peightal (Duquesne) 6-1, 6-0
2. Adam Morgan (GA) defeated Michael Ortega (Duquesne) 6-1, 6-0
3. Jesse Brauer (GA) defeated Adam Townsend (Duquesne) 6-2, 6-2
4. Andy Bryan (GA) defeated Rob Ojeda (Duquesne) 6-1, 7-6 (4)
5. Roy Bryan (GA) defeated Blake Williams (Duquesne) 6-1, 6-1
6. Mike Burdakin (GA) defeated Paul Clough (Duquesne) 6-1, 6-1
1. Morgan/Brett Morse-Karzen (Gustavus) defeated Ortega/Clough (Duquesne) 8-4
2. Bryan/Bryan (Gustavus) defeated Townsend/Peightal (Duquesne) 8-4
3. Brauer/Collins defeated Williams/Ojeda (Duquesne) 8-0